Mark Your Calendar!
2017 Winter Membership Meeting and CLE Program – “Update on Social Security Administration Treatment of Trusts” with speaker Mary E. O’Byrne, Baltimore, MD
January 27th, 2017
Courtyard by Marriott
Click here for the registration form
MoNAELA Advocacy Day
February 28th, 2017
Jefferson City, MO
If you missed these past events, the handouts and presentations of each speaker are available on a USB drive for $150.00 (per program). Contact Diana Love at email@example.com or send a check to MoNAELA, 2420 Hyde Park Rd, Suite A, Jefferson City, MO 65109.
2016 MoNAELA Annual Symposium -”A Focus on Trusts in the Elder Law Practice“ December 2-3, 2016 – Click here for the brochure.
2016 MoNAELA Summer Program “The Basics of Elder Law….come find the answers” - June 17th, 2016 - Click here for the brochure.
2015 MoNAELA Annual Elder Law Symposium – December 4-5, 2015 Click here to view the brochure.
MoNAELA Summer Membership Meeting & CLE Program 10:00 am – 2:30 pm (Approved for 3.0 MCLE) Click here for the Agenda.
Special Needs Trust Boot Camp – June 27, 2014 The training held at Hallbrook Country Club in Leawood, KS was a great program packed with information and resources. ”An excellent value” and “highly recommended to others” were just a few of the participant comments. Topics included:
- Basics of SNTs
- SSI & SNTs
- Pooled Trusts
- Corporate Trustees
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Drafting (d)(4)(A) Trusts
- Taxation Issues n Special Needs Trust
- SNT & Retirement Benefits
- KC Special Needs Trust Experience
- Case Law Update
Membership Meeting and Tax Issues Program - August 1-2, 2014 Courtyard by Marriott, Columbia, MO was the location of the most recent Membership Meeting and MCLE program sponsored by MoNAELA. Topics included:
- Decanting, Update on the Reform of Guardianship Code
- Income Tax Planning in Long Term Care
- Tax Planning with IRAs, Rules Regarding Beneficiary Designations and Required Minimum Distributions
- Basics of Tax Planning (Simple, Grantor, Complex Trust)
- A Tax Day in the Life of an Estate (EINs, Sec. 645 elections, Filing a 706 in a taxable and non-taxable estate)
- Designing Special Needs Trusts for Maximum Tax Efficiency
- Powers of Appointment-Funding Formulas
In you have questions or desire additional information on either of these programs, please contact the MoNAELA office at 573.634.7772 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org